Easiest Degrees That Pay Well
In the past, earning a degree was a luxury and an option available to lucky students. Today, earning a degree is almost a necessity if you want to find a good job that pays well. The unfortunate fact is that not everyone feels they can go to college to earn a degree. Whether it’s cost, time, or just inconvenience, earning a degree may seem to be difficult if not impossible.
The good news is that there are options for these individuals. Online degrees make earning a degree easier than ever. Also, there are many degrees that are easy to obtain. In this article, you will find some of the easiest degrees that pay well as well as potential schools and programs with a little information on each.
10 Easy Majors that Pay Well
You don’t have to choose a long-drawn-out degree to find an easy degree with the potential to earn good wages. Here are ten degrees students can earn that are worth checking out.
All salary data is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Handbook.
1. Liberal Arts
Students in a liberal arts program can focus on one specific subject or on a variety of subjects. Graduates of a liberal arts program can earn an average annual wage of $50,000 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics(BLS).
2. Business Administration
A business administration degree can lead to a variety of career choices and jobs. An HR specialist can earn about $51K, while an insurance actuary can earn more than $110K.
3. Human Resources
Since most companies have an HR department, a degree in human resources can lead to many jobs. Labor relations specialists earn an average wage of $77K, while human resources managers can earn an annual wage of $124K.
An English degree offers more than one might think. Graduates with English degrees may work as editors ($63K); content writers ($69K); or technical writers ($78K), among others.
Marketing takes place in one form or another in every business, and a marketing degree is a business-related degree. A marketing degree can lead to jobs as market research analysts ($63k); sales manager ($127K; or marketing manager ($135K).
6. Criminal Justice
Criminal justice is a field that offers many career choices and various concentrations. Patrol officers can earn about $64K; correctional officers can earn $47K); and detectives earn an average annual wage of $83,640.
7. Supply Chain Management
If you’re interested in this field, it can be a fairly easy degree to earn and one that offers many career choices. Quality assurance managers and industrial production managers each earn average annual wages of about $130K.
Psychology may be a field that would seem to require an advanced degree, but it can also lead to many excellent jobs that pay well. Social workers can earn about $60K; Human resources specialists earn about $62k; and mental health and substance abuse social workers have the potential to earn $49K or more annually.
A communication degree covers the various types of communication, and there are many. Those who become journalists can earn about $31K, while an individual who chooses a career as a brand manager can earn about $134K or more.
10. Photography/Fine Arts
Good photographers seem to always be in demand, especially when a special event is coming up. Photography is also a field that doesn’t require an advanced degree. Freelance photographers earn an average annual wage of about $35K per year, while newspaper or fashion photographers can earn about $72K a year.
Easiest Degrees that Pay Well
When aspiring students are considering earning a degree, the two things that matter the most are finding an easy degree and finding one that leads to good pay. Below are 15 of the easiest degrees that pay well and possible jobs upon graduation. Also included is the average annual wage for each position. Keep in mind that these wages, which are based on reports by the BLS, are not guaranteed, but potential wages based on effort and experience.
Here is a detailed look at our methodology, and a list of 15 easiest degrees that pay well that we could find:
- Admission Requirements – Applicants must submit an application and high school transcripts. The admissions department will contact students about any additional requirements such as criminal background check.
- What Type of Program is it? This associate degree requires completing 62-63 credits as well as a capstone course. Credits earned in this program can be transferred to a bachelor’s degree program.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates may find work as sales managers ($127,490) or project management specialists ($94,500).
- What Makes it Easier? It’s an affordable degree that is 100 percent online. Students also get credit for life experiences and prior learning. NTC also offers a business management diploma and certificate program.
- Admission Requirements – The College has a rolling admission process with a 100 percent acceptance rate. Applicants must provide a high school diploma, transcripts, and SAT or ACT scores. Students must have their own camera and photography equipment.
- What Type of Program is it? This 64-66 credit program, which can be completed in less than two years, results in an associate degree.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of this program are prepared to work as freelance photographers or professional newspaper photographers and are qualified in many areas of digital photography. Once employed, they can earn from $35K to $72K or more depending on if they’re independent or working for a business.
- What Makes it Easier? This is a 100 percent online and self-paced program that allows students to study at their convenience.
- Admission Requirements – Completed undergraduate application and transcripts from prior schools attended; may be required to submit scores later.
- What Type of Program is it? This is a bachelor’s degree program that can be completed in three to four years or upon completion of 120 credits. This program also offers various concentrations.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of the program may find jobs as financial analysts ($95,570), operations managers ($97,970), and market research analysts ($63,920).
- What Makes it Easier? – Tuition is very affordable, and the program offers a flexible schedule where students can learn at their own pace. They also offer various start dates. Students can also transfer up to 90 credits.
- Admission Requirements – Must complete an application, submit any transcripts from schools attended,
- What Type of Program is it? This is a bachelor’s degree program that requires completing 120 credits. It prepares students for various types of communication and lays the foundation for an MBA.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of this program are prepared for jobs as public relations specialists ($62,800), editors ($63,350), and writers/authors ($69,510).
- What Makes it Easier? It has three possible start dates, offers 7- or 14-week classes, is 100 percent online, and can be completed in five semesters. Students can even be accepted with less than desired GPAs.
- Admission Requirements – Must submit an application and any transcripts from previous schools.
- What Type of Program is it? This is a bachelor’s degree program that offers five or six-week classes and allows students to transfer up to 90 credits. It also offers weekly starts and a self-paced learning format.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates may find work as events managers ($49,470); journalists ($48,370); or artists ($49,960).
- What Makes it Easier? No test score requirements; students can take one class at a time; and students get credit for life experiences. Students can try out the program free for three weeks to see if they like it.
- Admission Requirements – High school diploma with transcripts;
- What Type of Program is it? This associate degree program offers asynchronous courses so students can study from anywhere. It features online discussion boards, lectures, instructor-led videos, and chat rooms.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates may not work as psychologists but may find work as childcare providers ($27,490; benefits coordinators or specialists ($64,120); or social worker assistants ($37,610).
- What Makes it Easier? It’s 100 percent online and can be completed in less than two years. This program is also ideal for students with an interest in liberal arts.
- Admission Requirements – Should have an associate degree or completed 60 credit hours.
- What Type of Program is it? This 127-credit bachelor’s degree program is for those interested in transporting goods across the country and internationally.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of this program are qualified for many jobs in the manufacturing field, including quality assurance managers ($103,150); industrial production managers ($103,150); and transportation, storage, and distribution managers ($98,230).
- What Makes it Easier? It’s an affordable program that gives credit for life experiences and has a generous credit transfer policy. Students choosing the accelerated option can complete the program in two to three years.
- Admission Requirements – No requirements other than transcripts from prior schools attended. No ACT or SAT scores are required.
- What Type of Program is it? This is an undergraduate program that’s all online and one that can be completed in two to four years depending on the student’s time and commitment.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of this undergraduate program are qualified for jobs as labor relations specialists ($77,010); compensation and benefits manager ($127,530); and human resources managers ($126,230).
- What Makes it Easier? This program is very affordable and allows students to work at their own pace. There is no need to log in at a certain time.
- Admission Requirements – Must submit an application and transcripts from any schools attended unless the school was LSU.
- What Type of Program is it? This 120-credit bachelor’s degree program has a curriculum that prepares students for a variety of careers. Despite being an online program, students can connect with instructors in real-time.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of the online English program have a wide variety of careers from which to choose, including job titles like librarians and library media specialists ($61,190); high school teachers ($61,820); and technical writers ($78,060).
- What Makes it Easier? An English degree may not seem like the easiest degree, but this online English degree offers online courses students can do while continuing to work. It’s also a very affordable program.
- Admission Requirements – High school diploma or equivalent. Students are also required to complete an orientation.
- What Type of Program is it? This 90-credit associate degree program can be completed in less than two years with 15-18 hours committed to the courses. Some concentrations may require students to attend a police academy upon completion of the online courses.
- Potential Jobs – This program prepares students for a variety of jobs in the criminal justice field, including police and patrol officers ($65,790); paralegals ($56,230); and correctional officers ($47,920).
- What Makes it Easier? Students can earn this degree and continue to work. It has very affordable tuition.
- Admission Requirements – Students must submit an application (no application fee) and any transcripts from schools attended.
- What Type of Program is it? This program teaches students about communication, writing, listening, and speaking. It has a rolling admission, making it easy to start at your convenience.
- Potential Jobs – The coursework in this program prepares students for a variety of jobs, including marketing consultants ($133,380); human resource specialists $62,290); and public relations specialists $62,800).
- What Makes it Easier? It’s an accelerated program with seven start dates. The stackable courses allow students to complete the program earlier than the traditional four years.
- Admission Requirements – Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- What Type of Program is it? This 120-credit online program is highly ranked and prepares students for many jobs that pay well. It also offers students membership in its honor society. It also allows credits to be transferred into the program. Students are required to complete a capstone project.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates are qualified to seek jobs as market research analysts ($63,920); advertising, promotions, and marketing managers ($133,380); and financial managers ($131,710).
- What Makes it Easier? The program offers three different start dates. It’s 100 percent online, allowing students to finish at their own pace at their convenience.
- Admission Requirements – High school diploma and transcripts
- What Type of Program is it? This 120-credit accredited program is aimed at individuals who are currently RNs but want a bachelor’s degree in nursing. It offers eight-week sessions six times per year.
- Potential Jobs – Earning this bachelor’s degree prepares students for several nursing positions, including registered nurse ($77,600); social workers ($50,390); and medical and health services managers ($101,340).
- What Makes it Easier? The 100 percent online format allows students to earn the degree and continue to work as nurses. They can also complete their clinical education while working. Students pursuing an associate in nursing can complete some of this program’s courses to accelerate the degree.
- Admission Requirements – Associate degree, high school diploma with transcripts, and must complete certain prerequisite courses.
- What Type of Program is it? This online program is aimed at individuals who want to work in healthcare in an administrative role but without patient contact. It’s typically a four-year program that can be completed in less time online.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of this program can pursue jobs as health service managers ($104,830); human resources managers ($126,230); or health information technologists ($55,560).
- What Makes it Easier? It offers various areas of concentration for students interested in expanding their knowledge in other areas of health services like dental hygienists or just general leadership. All work can be done online.
- Admission Requirements – Must submit an online application, school transcripts, and notification of any credits available for transfer.
- What Type of Program is it? This 120-credit fully online program is for students interested in journalism and web-based communications.
- Potential Jobs – Graduates of this online program can seek jobs like content producers ($79,000); film and video editors ($60,360); and journalists ($48,370).
- What Makes it Easier? It offers very affordable tuition and a very flexible curriculum that students can complete at their leisure. Students have access to a webinar to give them a better idea of the online program.